10.29.2012

The Chart House ▪ Waikiki

1765 Ala Moana Boulevard
Honolulu, Hawaii
808.941.6669
website

On our first night in Waikiki, still feeling jet lagged, we decided to go downstairs and have dinner at The Chart House. The Chart House is a seafood/steak place and was packed on the Friday we were there.

The Chart House
The Chart House.

Cee ordered a Hawaiian dish, ahi limu  poke ($11.50), which is a raw fish salad. I am not the biggest eater of raw fish but I figured I should learn quickly if I was to be in Hawaii. I ordered the black & blue ahi (lite: $8.50). I actually enjoyed it very much, and it was the first of many ahi that I had rare. I especially liked the spicy wasabi sauce and the accompanying creamy avocado.

The Chart House - Ahi poke The Chart House - Black & Blue Ahi
Ahi Poke; Black & Blue Ahi.

To accompany my ahi, I also ordered the crab & shrimp stuffed mushrooms (lite: $8.50). For some reason, I expected something light but it was nothing but light. The mushrooms sat on mashed potatoes, and a hollandaise sauce was doused on the stuffed mushrooms. It was very good!

The Chart House - Crab & Shrimp Mushrooms
Crab & shrimp stuffed mushrooms.

Finally, E ordered a main of seared tuna that she seemed to enjoy.

The Chart House - Seared Ahi
Seared tuna main.

Chart House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment