10.06.2012

Boris Bistro ▪ Montréal

465 McGill Street
Montréal, Québec
514.848.9575
website

This summer, I met up with my friend Cee and others for lunch. She picked Boris Bistro while searching for a restaurant with a great outdoor space. Boris Bistro's outdoor setting cannot be beat. Shaded tables in a not very small nook make it a perfect space for an outdoor lunch in Montréal, well reputed for its terrasses.

IMG_0553 IMG_0548
Boris Bistro.

I started out with a refreshing sparkling apple drink. I drank it very quickly as it was hot.

IMG_0549 
Sparkling apple drink.

I decided to order two starters as I like variety. I had a trio of tapenade that included an olive tapenade, an artichoke mixture and a cheesy dip. All this accompanied by two very small, very thinly sliced toasts. It was rather disappointing as the tapenade was salty and needed more bread. The other two components were good, but it was slightly deceitful to call them tapenade. This is no longer on the menu, replaced by a wild mushroom toast that sounds potentially better.

IMG_0551 
Tapenade trio.

I decided to indulge and order the potatoes fried in duck fat. The fries were very good but I'm not sure I noticed that they were better than any other fries, i.e. not sure I noticed the duck fat.

IMG_0552 
 Fries in duck fat.

You can't beat the location at Boris Bistro. I may not have ordered well, and admittedly did not order a main. The food I did order was good, but not extraordinary, and on the pricey side for the portions porvided. You're paying for where you are sitting so enjoy the setting and bask in the sun.

 Boris Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment