11.09.2012

Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar ▪ Waikiki

2552 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, Hawaii
808.931.6286
website

While researching restaurants in Hawaii, I stumbled upon a blog post featuring crab ramen at Sansei. It immediately was included on my ever growing long list of foods to try in Hawaii. Sansei is another Waikiki restaurant located in a hotel, the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort.

Sansei Restaurant Sansei - Sushi bar
Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar.

We decided to get starters. I ordered the seared sea scallops ($10), that was accompanied by local mushrooms and a foie gras truffle sauce (double whammy!). While I'm not the biggest foie gras fan, I do love both truffle and scallops. The starter was delicious but I'm still not sold that the scallops needed such a rich sauce.

Sansei - Seared Scallops
Seared Scallops.

Admittedly, I don't remember what Cee and E ordered but clearly there was big love for raw fish. It looks to me like tataki, poke and sashimi. Might as well enjoy the fresh fish while in Hawaii.

Sansei - Ahi Tataki Sansei  - Ahi poke Sansei  - Sashimi
Raw fish galore.

I stuck to the dish that got me to Sansei, the Crab Ramen with Asian Truffle Broth ($17.95). Crab ramen is always about the broth and this truffle broth did not disappoint. I also loved the noodles, the slight kick from the chili and Thai basil. My only complaint is that there could have been more snow crab; I would have been willing to pay more for it! A great twist on a classic soup!

Sansei - Crab Ramen
Crab ramen.

Sansei is a fun place to eat if you're staying in Waikiki. We noticed there were tables outside, with a perfect view of all the action. The Japanese food is good and they seemed to also offer good sushi. I would definitely recommend the crab ramen.

Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar (Waikiki) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment