6.03.2012

Packing for your summer travels

We have been meaning to write fashion posts on this blog, and what better way to start it off then with a packing tip, now that summer is just around the corner?

DSC_0769

As Joanna discussed here, a great tip for your packing needs is to pack in a single colour scheme. I loved the blue and white one so much that I decided to go with it! Having done a 30 for 30, I was aiming for 30 items (including footwear!) for my month-long trip to Vietnam and Cambodia. I don't have the final count but it was under 30 and then I left my footwear behind in Saigon so I only had flip flops and boat shoes for most of my travels. Here are the results...

DSC_0853
 Jacket - Zara.

DSC_1017
Scarf - Club Monaco; top - Banana Republic; shorts - Tommy; bag (gift from my students!) - Call it Spring; shoes - Sperry.

DSC_1083
Tank/shorts - Banana Republic; flip flops - Havaianas; sunnies - Marc by Marc Jacobs.

DSC_1264
Scarf - Club Monaco; top - Banana Republic; shorts - Tommy.

DSC_1476
Tank - Banana Republic; jeans - 7 for all mankind; shoes - Sperry.

DSC_1512
Dress/hat - Banana Republic.

DSC_2642
Top - Abercrombie & Fitch; shorts - Tommy.

 DSC_2809
Dress - Beverly.

I traveled from 10 degree weather in Paris to 40 degree in Cambodia and everything fit into my carry-on. That was quite an accomplishment! I really should have photographed the proof.

Happy travels and packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment